Using the Universal Audio Softube Vocoder in Cubase is not the most straight forward process and took a bit of research to get it working.
Here's how I got it working with Cubase 10.5
- Add a midi channel.
- Route midi channel output to an aux channel
- Add Softube Vocoder as an insert of aux channel.
- On vocal/audio track assign effects send to aux with Softube Vocoder inserted.
- Load midi on midi track to trigger vocoder or play in real time with your MIDI keyboard.
* These instructions have not been tested with native plugins as of the time this article was published.